- Prenatal visits: Initial consultation is for your own evaluation of my service. There is no charge for the initial meeting. In the following visits, we'll discuss your history, birth plan, comfort measures, childbirth education, a backup and so forth. I encourage every expectant parent to educate themselves around birth and make a birth plan prior to the birth for the best outcome possible. I am able to help you with this and the many details included, providing the information and referrals as necessary.
- Physical, emotional, and informational support throughout your labor, comfort measures which may include: birth ball and/or peanut ball, suggestions of helpful positions, hot or cold compresses, massage, use of the Rebozo, tea, music, support of your partner's role, and hydrotherapy with a *birth pool if desired; informational support to help you make informed choices.
- Attendance at the birth of your baby, and immediate postpartum support including guidance in breastfeeding and care of baby, etc.
- Postpartum checkups: One or two postpartum visits to provide breastfeeding support, baby care tips, necessary community referrals, and discussion of your birth story and your feelings regarding it.
- Phone and/or email support at any hour (24/7).
Check-up Visits: $25 per visit
Birth Doula Service Fee: $400 - $800
*I also offer birth pool rental for an additional price. Click below for more information:
What is a Doula, and what does she do?
Doula: a trained professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to a mother before, during and shortly after childbirth to help her achieve the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
References: The Essential Ingredient: Doula
Learn more: DONA International